View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #12
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Really depends on a kid's interests but I remember (in addition to reading anything and everything else I could get my hands on) liking the following in particular and they have stuck with me in memory over the years:
Anything by Enid Blyton (second recommendation above)
Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
The Great Brain series
Judy Blume (various books depending on age group)
Piers Anthony (Xanth and Split Infinity (?) series)
Trebizon (another girl's boarding school series)
Heidi
Pippi Longstocking
Watership Down
All of a Kind Family
Five Little Peppers
Anne of Green Gables, Emily of New Moon, Pat of Silverbush (all series by LM Montgomery)
Little House on the Prairie
Little Lord Fauntleroy, Secret Garden, Little Princess (Frances Hodgson Burnett stories)
The Cay
The Diamond in the Window (this was the first in a series which I never realized and so never read any of the other ones but this one stuck with me)
The Case of the Vanishing Boy (and other stories by Alexander Key of Witch Mountain fame)

Mel
great list! Of course Judy Blume and especially Anne of Green Gables for any Precocious little girl! Absolute must!
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote