View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Kilroy
Kilroy began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
As far as I know, Stanza determines it based on the <id> tag used in the XML/catalog feed (e.g. <id>urn:calibre:1</id>). At least that's what I've noticed.

I've also got multiple installs of Calibre on various computers. Since I pass the libraries via PHP script and serve them using Apache, I've taken to changing the id so they're unique to each computer (e.g. urn:calibre:computer_name:index_number).
Hmm.... tricky, tricky.

Is the RSS feed located at localhost:8080/stanza the same as the feed that is passed via Bonjour to Stanza? The ids don't appear to match up (between the two books that are impersonating one another), unless I'm missing something.

Regardless, though, if that is what Stanza keys off of, that would explain why ids that do match up would be considered duplicates. Would it make sense to add this as an enhancement -- to be able to specify a name (or the computer name) for that id?

Code:
<id>urn:calibre:22</id>
<id>urn:COMPUTERNAME:22</id>
(I'm happy to enter the enhancement ticket myself, just wanted to verify that this is a reasonable request before I clutter the issue tracker :-) )

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies!
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote