Thread: Hallo allemaal
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Google translate:
I am jafrako, 75 years old and from the 2nd grade primary school I started reading and never stopped. My first spending money went on books and I kept buying. The written word was sacred to me and even a Castle novel that got lost in my house was hard to dispose of. I am an ethnic Dutchman; they say big mouth and lots of chats here in Overijssel to which I moved in 1990. Heard there for the first time about the Deventer Book Market so taken a look. Since then, with changing friends and acquaintances, it has become an annual tradition.
And yes, then the e-book comes. I am also a prematurely born nerd and with the digital achievements I can read and write .... so there was an e-reader. A Sony PRS-T3 (why did you stop fooling E-readers) with that smart cover. Is still the only one with his third cover. [snip endorsement of early days piracy]
I am afraid of the disappearance of bookstores and basically all stores and although an internet buyer from the first hour I buy almost everything locally again if it doesn't matter too much and it almost never does. But with books it is not only about where I buy but also what I buy. I no longer buy thick packs of paper with only large letters and a quickly broken thick plasticized cover. I do keep and still buy albums and well-bound richly illustrated books. So I have already advised my bookstore to also start selling e-books. By the way, I still see a lot of children in our large library. Houwe so. And take a look in Zwolle in the Broerekerk. Huge gothic bookstore with cozy restaurants. What is also a trend that the bookstore must save is gadget books. Of those objects that look nice and that you want to grab and hold. The small facsimile edition of the English-language Hobbit for example. Just pay attention to it in the book stores.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote