View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #1407
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
That reminds me... a feature I'd like to see in kobo utilities...

Occasionally the cover on the device is better than the cover in the library.
It would be awesome if I could not just send covers, but retrieve them.

Unfortunately, sometimes I know which books have better covers on device, and sometimes I don't until I see them. Not sure how to fix that, but still, having a cover import feature would be a lot better than munging through the filesystem and doing it manually.
I assume you are talking about purchased books downloaded to the device. There isn't anything at the moment. But, I have recently been thinking about library books downloaded to the Aura ONE. It would be good to have a way to add an empty book to the calibre library to allow tracking these. That's a while off as I haven't looked at it.

But, the other part I might be able to help with. I was fiddling with covers recently and kept wanting to look at what was on the device. I did add something to select a book and open the directory holding the cover. I hadn't thought of a good use for it other than the type of experimenting I was doing. But, this would make grabbing the cover easier.

I'll have to prepare a release. I was fiddling with something and I think it's broken. I'll have to put that back together first.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote