View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #1404
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
I try to find an automated solution to store whether a book is on my device or not. Of course nothing important, only nice info as I have two devices and only one could be plugged in at same time.
I am already using this plugin for reading date and percentage showing for each of the two devices. It works perfect.

Looking into the help pages there should be a store option for the reading status but this seems to be replaced by ration (if so, the documentation is not updated). Maybe you decided it is not needed as percentage will provide same information.
But my hope was that there is a status when the book is on the device (one of three) and no status if not.
This information cannot be evaluated from percentage.
Yes, the percent read is basically the reading status: If there is no value, it is unread, if it is 100% then it is finished, anything else is being read. Zero does mean being read, but it is not really possible to achieve this on the device. Using it to indicate the book is on a device is not a good idea.

The plugin has no concept of a book being on the device if the device is not connected. Part of that is that I don't find it a very useful piece of information. Another part is that I am a heavy user of the Reading List plugin (as JSWolf suggested). This can be used to repopulate a list each time the device is connected. But, I use it to make sure books go to the devices I want them on the next time the devices are connected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote