View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Gutenberg has some downloadable master indexes that relate filenames to titles and authors. You can find them on this page:
https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Guten...ings_of_EBooks

You probably want to download the latest one at the top of the list.

Then you can put it in a text editor and create a batch file to do the renaming for you using any fairly sophisticated text editor such as Notepad++.

You can extract the files by doing a search on *.epub or *.txt or whichever you're interested in. If you want more than one file type I suggest renaming a single file type at a time. It'll be easier. But that's not really required.

This is going to require a bit of skill at creating batch files but it's the sort of thing anyone comfortable with MS-Dos has probably done many times. It requires a little skill, not a great deal.

Another, probably easier way to do this if you have some computer programming skill is to write a small program to read a carefully parsed version of the index and rename files based on it. This would only require minor programming skills but it would require some.

I haven't seen the ISO but based on what you've said my guess is that it's very doable and not really that complicated, depending on your skills.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote