View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 02:04 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerang View Post
Thanks so much for the response, BR!

So I still have to delete whichever book line item I don't want manually? If two groups of the same book is returned, I should only delete one, not both, right?

Again, thanks for taking the time to response, I appreciate it.

Regards,
Beem
@Beemerang - yes, its up to you to decide what to keep, all the PI does is to Find potential duplicates - its not an expert system with intimate knowledge of your personal preferences and pet peeves

Rather than deleting books you might want to have a 'set aside' library to which you copy the book-line-item you think you don't want (right click a book line-item an select Copy to Library with delete) that should enable you to cull your library back to one line item per book fairly quickly. And then over time you can make considered decisions about the books in the 'set aside' library.

So a MOBI of Love in a Cold Climate at first glance might look better than the PDF of the same book, so you move the PDF to the 'set aside' library. But on closer inspection you discover that the MOBI's spelling, grammar and punctuation have been altered to conform to 21st US conventions. If it were me I'd create a new MOBI from the PDF with its mid 20th century UK spelling, grammar, and punctuation conventions, and it would replace the Americanised MOBI tout de suite. I would do the same with a Britishized Hemingway

Backup your libraries, establish a process to enable you to do it frequently. And backup the configuration data just as often - you can find its location via Preferences->Miscellaneous>Open configuration directory.

If you want to use a cloud service for backup steer clear of Google Drive, and avoid running calibre and the cloud storage synchronisation processes concurrently.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote