View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 12:34 AM   #3
Beemerang
Beemerang began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Beemerang - AFAIK Find Duplicates doesn't create a Virtual Library.

What it does is to present groups of 2 or more book line-items that might contain the same book - I find it easier to look at each group at individually rather than altogether

Its up to you as to which book line-items you keep, merge, discard etc.

If you don't want a book-line item then delete it with the Del key

The merge function can be used to put different formats together so that they share the same meta data. So if you have Dickens Bleak House in MOBI and PDF as separate book line-items then you could merge them so that the MOBI and PDF formats are together in the one book line-item.

When Merging its the line item that's first in the list that will be 'kept', if the one I want is not at the top I change the sort order so that it is at the top- if I have to force it then I stick a value like '!first' into tags and sort on it - F2 on a cell in the book list will open it up for editing.

If you have a MOBI and a PDF in the same book line-item and you don't want the PDF, you can right click the PDF in the Book details and select Delete or hit Alt/Del and select PDF in the list.

Hope that helps a bit

BR
Thanks so much for the response, BR!

So I still have to delete whichever book line item I don't want manually? If two groups of the same book is returned, I should only delete one, not both, right?

Again, thanks for taking the time to response, I appreciate it.

Regards,
Beem
Beemerang is offline   Reply With Quote