View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I played around with a Kobo glo and I will say that the screen illumination was very good without any blotchiness or cones of shadow or colors or anything like that. The light seemed to come from the top, but the source was very subtle, not obtrusive at all. I did use it under store lights so I can't say how it would behave in darkness, but it looked okay. Also it is very solid physically and responded quickly.
The lights are along the bottom (same as the Paperwhite), it's just the Nook that has lights along the top (and that seems to be an improvement, when you think how you hold your e-reader, if the lights are along the top of the screen there is more chance of you noticing them the way the screen is angled). The Kobo Glo has that black/grey band along the bottom of the screen, which seems to have been implemented to help hide any shadows or cones of light from the leds (it can be turned off though). It certainly works.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 03-06-2013 at 12:14 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote