View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #94
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I think you're misunderstanding. If you already have a smart-phone with a data plan you can buy wifi hotspot to share your phone's internet connection with other wifi devices. The first one I found with google was $50.
Sadly, many major players are really hamstringing a phone's Hotspot feature.
Some providers limit how much or how fast data can be used with a hot spot feature, or block the feature entirely, or charge an arm and a leg for it.
I like Verizon for their network's ability to let me make clear phone calls, but if I had to rely on them for streaming video to a tablet, I'd quickly go broke.
Still, though, the option does indeed extend any WiFi device's utility. Verizon's iPad offering depends on using one of it's hotspot devices if you want a "3g" ipad from them, for example.

And, yeah, what DOES "DiapDealer" mean?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote