Thread: Speed reading?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 09:06 PM   #7
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
I finally stopped using it because I felt kind of dizzy after I stop reading. It was as if the whole world were "scrolling" on the opposite direction.
Hehe yea I had the same effect. Didn't bother me much since I read in the dark but when stopping it yea the words would always seem to continue moving but in the opposite direction.

I think I'm going to just try reading faster and see if I can get used to that. I wouldn't want to read Shakespeare that way but I'm reading a crime novel right now so I don't think I'll miss much.

But after this one I will continue re-reading the Thomas Convenant chronicles in anticipation of the new novel coming out. That's one that I probably won't be able to wait for paperback for like I usually do and I don't like to read those books very fast. Donaldson has a great visual and descriptive writing style that I've always enjoyed.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote