View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #402
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I think the only tragedy for eInk fans is Amazon becoming effectively a monopoly. There was a time when buying an eInk reader didn't lock you into the books from the device company.

But, as was true of Standard Oil - monopolies can be a good think and certainly do not unfailingly lead to higher prices. Amazon is a good steward of both it's eInk devices and it's Kindle book store.

What is SUPER helpful for eInk affectianado's is that so many other people enjoy reading ebooks on tablets and smartphones. There is no longer any doubt that a new title will come out in ebook form.

I think the market for ebooks themselves is quite healthy....given my earlier comment that monopolies are not always terrible (unless YOU are someone trying to compete with them)
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote