View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Had I been involved, I would've argued for a scheme that's a little less git-describe and a little more dates with suffixes. In any case, we can't just break backward compatibility. Something like this might potentially be a backwards compatible option:

Code:
$ echo "$(git describe HEAD) ($(git describe HEAD | xargs git show -s --format=format:"%cd" --date=short))"
v2015.11-1035-gb33c9268 (2017-05-11)
Quote:
meh. there will always be bugs... there hasn't been a "stable" release for years now, yet the "stable release channel" (the github repo) has releases. it's confusing.
There's a perfectly good two-year-old stable release and there are releases called "nightlies". At worst I think it's confusing that these "nightlies" could, as a rule of thumb, also be called something like "betas," but that should apply to any software with a certain degree of CI.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote