View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #31
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Hi.

My name is Ana. I've been an eReader for almost a year now. I currently own 4 eReaders... and a smart phone... and have promised Husband I won't buy any more this year. Especially not the new Kobo, with its tempting badges and shiny awards. Even if it would motivate me to read more and blog less. I will be strong.

I have 1,008 "books" in my Calibre library, but some of them are PDF files of my favorite online comics and blogs that don't currently exist in "real" ebook form. I don't know if those books are better or worse from an addiction standpoint because while it doesn't cost money to compile them, it does take me days of work. This is why I send emails to authors begging them to compile stuff for me so I can just buy their work at whatever price they want.

Anyway, ahem, I have 902 books that still need to be read and reviewed in my library. I've read some of them in the past, but long enough ago that I really need to read them again before I can write a good review.

I also have, um. We're all friends here, right? I have something like 1,500 dead tree books in my library. My goal is to read them all, narrow them down to the ones I simply cannot live without, and buy those in eBook form. The idea is to be entirely dead-tree-free in a few years. The problem with this plan is that I don't actually like reading dead tree books anymore, so I try to find my paperbooks at the eLibrary and rent them before decided whether or not to buy a replacement or just donate to Half Price. This habit makes me feel unutterably silly.

My goal is to remove one book a week from my dead tree library. I'm trying not to buy new eBooks in the meantime. If I *must* read something new, it's supposed to come from the library first, to make sure I really really really want to own it.

FREE BOOKS DON'T COUNT. CHEAP BOOKS FROM INDIE AUTHORS DON'T COUNT EITHER. THAT'S SUPPORTING STRUGGLING ARTISTS AND CHARITY AND STUFF.

I don't know why I'm shouting. I do that sometimes. I'm sorry.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote