Thread: Seriousness What is it that makes us human?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Maybe so, but each of your arguments applies also to chimps. I think I read that we share 97% DNA with them. They have the ability to make tools and wage war, so that shows intelligence. And they certainly laugh, showing much more gruesome teeth than even your current avator shows.

How about the ability to plan ahead? Or romantic love?
But only 97%, not 99%, which is why I started there. Chimpanzees display the ability to pair bond, and definitely plan ahead.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote