View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #357
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisXIV View Post
Yes, please. I am happy with my Sony PRS-T1, but since the new PRS-T2 doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade and comes with an unwanted browser, I decided on the Kobo glo as a gift for a 12-year old.

I didn't realize (not listed in the specs or in the features for the device on kobo.com) that the new firmware comes with a browser. I don't think the child's parents would like her to have unfettered Internet access through a browser, so unless I can figure out how to have this "bonus" removed, I am going to have to return the device.
As an FYI - the browser is an unsupported beta feature (which is likely why they don't advertise it - they make no guarantees it will work the way you want) but it has been there since the early days of the Kobo Wifi (2 devices ago) - it's not something added recently with new firmware.
Having said that, I can understand your concern. It's pretty primitive and limited functioning but a kid wanting to get onto something would live with it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote