View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #25
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Just saw this, updated on my tablet and tried it, everything seems to be working great after testing apart from a couple of small things, though may have been my fault as to get updated I had to uninstall CC and then re-install it for the update to be 'gotten' successfully.
The uninstall would have erased CC's database, so all information about books already on the device would disappear.
Quote:
1. The database was blank, so done the 'scan on connect' , then used the CSI (hehe. Content Server Intergration, that tickles me for some reason) and after dl'ing a few books connected to calibre through Wireless connection, that then said I had 2 copies of those dl'd books. Shouldn't have they been merged or picked up as being same versions.
Books on the device are identified by their filename. Because the DB was empty, downloading a books using the content server will create a new file. It won't overwrite an existing file because there is no way to know that the existing file is the same book.

It would have worked better if you had first connected as a wireless device. This would have permitted calibre to tell CC what books are already in the library so that subsequent CSI ( ) downloads would know that it was OK to overwrite the file.
Quote:
2. (Also possibly related to my un/re-install) I used calibre while connected to remove the books from the device (300 odd books) and CC displayed the amount of books (No Grouping [# books]) and seem to be working away, but then froze, and I had to force close (I had to do that a couple of times).

Could/Would it be possible to display the busy/updating box while calibre does a delete operation?
There are two issues here. The first is that CC + calibre failed to delete 300 books successfully. I have tried something like this myself (deleting 500 books) and it worked. Clearly I need to look again.

The second is a progress indicator, I will look at that. I just checked the code and it appears that the calibre device driver can know how many books are being deleted in a single "transaction". What we need to do is pass this information to CC and have some kind of progress dialog. Unfortunately, the network command protocol we designed doesn't permit using this information, so we will need to change how calibre and CC communicate. This sort of change is always dangerous.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote