View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Which eINK reader is the best at handling PDF files (ie, textbooks)?

Without realizing it, I seem to have acquired quite a few eINK readers. I've been using my HP Touchpad (with Android installed) to read textbook PDF files but find that my eyes get tired.

I'd like an eINK reader for reading only. I don't care about annotations, highlights, etc. It would be great if it was easy to jump around and navigate throughout the file without issues. I own the following devices:

Kindle 3G keyboard
Kobo Touch
Nook Simple Touch (not rooted, but planning on it)
Sony Reader PRS-650

I've only attempted to read PDF's on the Sony (a couple of years ago) and the experience was bad enough that I haven't bothered trying again. Are the other devices in my possession any better at handling PDF's? Maybe the Nook with Android installed and the right app could be the best option? Or should I bite the bullet and buy the Kindle DX for the huge screen?
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote