View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 05:18 AM   #6
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
I used to encrypt passwords (PINs, CC #'s, Logins) on my Sony Clie using Strip, a free open-source tool using AES-256bit encryption. Without much bells and whistles, but it worked (I would never trust a closed-source product in this regard).

Now, on Pocket PCs, I have yet to find a reliable open-source implementation of a strong cipher such as AES. Right now that leaves me totally unprotected, even my weekly backups on SD Card are unprotected (Sprite offers a password requirement, but it is easily defeated). In other words, someone could steal the card and have the full content of my PDA ;(
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote