View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Got that. But at the point in time where I need it, there hasn't even been a chance to tamper with these things... (AFAIK)

The problem is that I'm trying to influence (if at all possible) the "environment" that the KT sees while executing /etc/upstart/framework, while it is booting. I had hoped that the "find" command there would be "substitutable" because of $PATH resolution, but it's obviously using the built-in one from busybox at that time.

So the question is pretty much: can anybody find a "hook point" in that script where one could influence how the individual commands are resolved? I was also thinking about aliases which could be (transitively?) introduced through /etc/upstart/(functions|env), but I doubt that at this time of the startup process, any of these would be used, since most of the commands are "busybox" anyway...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote