View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_rico View Post
First, please excuse my poor English...
This is the Internet. Poor English is the norm. And, like many who have English as a second language, your English is better than what typically comes out of native English speakers these days.

Quote:
Since then, the update to JB 4.1.1 has never been proposed and when I go to Parameters | About | Check for update (rough translation from the French UI I'm using), it claims that it is up to date!
I had to hit the "Check Now" button a couple of times when the the update was first released to get it to acknowledge and start updating. Just going to the update screen was not enough.

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure I should update when reading this thread. When it works, what is the best way to do the update? Factory reset then update, update the factory reset?
I would suggest downloading an alternate launcher (Nova Launcher is my preference), then triggering the update. If you are one of the unlucky ones who end up having Tapestries constantly crash on you (like I am), you will still be able to easily access stuff and can then do a factory reset - assuming, of course, you don't end up preferring the alternate launcher and stick with that.

And, if you do decide to factory reset, you'll have the alternate launcher ready just in case it turns out that the reset doesn't fix the problem.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote