View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiri View Post
Thanks again for these, HarryT. I have a quick question for you. I have downloaded some other prc's from the site, and have followed your tutorial for converting them to your 'proper' format. They show up much, much nicer on the Kindle that way. I take the .prc, load it into BD where most of the editing has already been done, and then I add the page breaks, and other formatting (I add an author photo as per your tutorial from Wikipedia since any illustrations are stripped when I load it into BD). Then I do the text editing to replace the pagebreaks, remove the align=justify, and run it through Mobi Creator so the metadata is correct. Do you think that this is enough for me to re-up it, even though the bulk of the work was done by someone else?
I think it would be rather rude to re-upload someone else's book without asking their permission first. You have, after all, used their work as your starting point.

I, for example, am constantly revising my books and wouldn't want other versions of what I've done re-uploaded, because as I made my improvements to the original, the different versions would get out of step and be very confusing for downloaders. For that reason, therefore, I would prefer that you didn't re-upload versions of the books that I've done. Any books that I create in the future will have a "proper" Mobi version from the outset.

You could of course send the uploader a PM and ask them if they mind. Perhaps other people will feel differently about it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote