View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I don't think I understand what's going on here. Are you comparing the PC software that comes with these readers, or the readers themselves?

The software that comes with Sony Readers sucks, no doubt about that. But if the file is not DRMed, you can use a variety of other (free) software to extract text from ebooks that work on it. This is no reflection on Sonys vs other readers.

The file is DRMed, then you shouldn't be taking large snippets from it anyway. (And it'd be rather shocking that a Kindle, or its software, would let you!) I guess quoting small pieces of material under copyright is OK, but if you really just want a small snippet, you can OCR a screen cap, or for that matter, just type it out yourself!
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote