View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Though I have three Lenovo units, and think they are good computers, know that their service is kind of like a unicorn - not there - they have a forum that is full of people very frustrated with promised call backs not coming, little help when they get through etc.

That warning given, a laptop will probably not need service with some decent luck. Actually we have had dozens of computers and never have had problems that take repair.

Be sure the windows 8 you get has the full version if that is what you want, I've run across some that just have the metro, and saw a fellow online that had one that did not have metro. Know there is no start button, but there are add ons that will set one up for you to get you back to familiar territory.

When you find what you want if you have time go to Amazon, type in the model number and read the reviews, might find good side and bad side of it. OR just go there and find the unit you want and then go shopping for price. They quite often are the best price. We have had a couple from them and no problems.

We are partial to toshiba, hp, acer and asus but we also have a sony and compaq laptop in our past.

I've had a touchscreen all in one and love it but seldom use the touch screen. When using metro it is very nice, or working with pictures.

Happy hunting.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote