View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Sara_J
Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
I gave up with tables in HTML conversions. I now use InDesign (5.5 or 6) as it handles the conversion of tables reliably. InDesign now handles eBook formatting quite well. If you don't have it, and only want to convert one or two books (and tweak the general layout while you are at it) you can download a trial version from Adobe. It is not a simple program to use, but Adobe supplies a lot of free, and quite in depth training material. Both PDF format and videos.
Thank you, that was very kind of you

I read quickly about InDesign, isn't it a program to convert PDF to Kindle? I am writing the book in Open Office (.opf) and I read that to make the book a Kindle, I had to turn the .opf manuscript to HTML then to .mobi to succesfully make it a Kindle book. Have I read this wrong/am I incorrect?.

For the tables, am I right in thinking that putting an Excel/Open Office table in a Kindle book is very difficult, then? I have read horror stories about tables being messed up when doing the conversion to .mobi or even .html so I want to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks again (to you and anyone else lending a hand!)
Sara_J is offline   Reply With Quote