View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Actually, the publishers are fighting this kind of thinking, wanting OverDrive to limit ebook access based on whether a library limits ebook access to only those who live in the area or not.

I live in a state that partially funds library from state funds, so it's a state law that any state resident must be allowed by law to have access to any public library in the state. I still have to travel a few hours to get the library card, but I will admit, it's nice having access to more than one site because of it.

I keep waiting for this to change as well...
I'm in a similar situation in my state. I'm grateful, because the ebook selection at my local public library is pretty bad, skewed heavily towards children's books, cookbooks, and romance novels. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those, but they're not my preferred reading material.

Whenever I travel outside my local area but within the state, I've begun to make it a practice to visit the public library wherever I'm going to pick up a library card. It's quick and painless, and has allowed me to get access to books that I otherwise wouldn't be able to read.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote