View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ok, thought I'd bring this thread back up as I thinking of doing this very thing - sharing one account across two Kobo Touches that wife and I just got. Obviously like our physical library which we share, we don't wish to buy two copies of a book we both wish to read. We also do this with our other digital librarys too - itunes, audiobooks etc..

So having read this;

1. I appreciate that it can be done easy enough (linking two Kobo's to one account)

2. Understand the bookmark syncing consideration - if reading at same time, and this issues this may present.

3. Am curoius if the new social etc.. features of the Kobo Touch will cause any issues? or can I just ignore these?

4. Any thing one needs to watch out for with sync? Assume new books/bookmarks will just get pushed down onto the device.

I'm also curious about ADE. I have it installed, but haven't created a AdobeID yet. I'm a little curious how this works. From what I can make out Adobes or Kobo's authentication servers can both validate purchased eBooks (from Kobo), and authorise the use of said ebook on said device(s)? I'm assuming there is some communication happening in the background so Adobe is aware of your Kobo ID and/or eBooks authorised against this ID?

If I purchase an eBook from another store using Adobe DRM, do I somehow link these to my AdobeID? or even use this ID when I purchase the book from said store?

If there is a thread covering all this, please do just point me to it.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote