View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #21
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
I have 3 ereaders of different size, the PRS 300, the 505 and the DX Graphite. So i have a 5", 6" and 9,7" devices.

For professional reading, mainly PDF journal papers with lots of graphs and images, plus technical books, the Kindle does a very good job. I stopped printing papers completely, and books are all in PDF form now with me, so i never carry them. The image has a very good quality and the details are surprisingly satisfactory, even for those graphs with little dots and small print. I wish Sony had a reader that size but until then i will be happy with the Kindle.

For pleasure, i read in my PRS 300. The size really feels comfortable in my hand and the amount of text is good enough. The page turning is a non issue for me since i hardly notice it. I also usually read with the smallest font size, so i am not turning the page every second, which might help. I always liked paperbacks and i think the 505 is somewhat too big to feel snug enough in my hand. I never really use the 505 now. I carry the 300 everywhere and really like its small size. That is the closest thing to my old paperbacks that i carried with me everywhere, in my pockets, or my backpack. I just have to be careful and never forget to put it in a plastic hardcase i got that really fits the device and ensures protection against everything (i even sat on it one day by mistake and the box was intact).

Last edited by Salgueiros; 09-03-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote