View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
*Publishers* setting device limit for Kindle

Recently, when looking for total number of pages of a Kindle edition book on Amazon's site, I've noticed on more than a few occasions that the number of pages line has been replaced with the following:

Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits

A link to one of many examples (scroll down to Product Details): http://www.amazon.com/The-Canterbury...8043762&sr=1-5

This particular example has multiple copies by various publishers, but that is not always the case.

Now, if Amazon's policy limits a customer to six devices, where does a publisher's limit come in to play and how is it enforced? I suspect the publisher's limitation takes precedent over Amazon, as did the Text-To-Speech issue.

Yet another distortion of Amazon's sales pitch?

(Sorry, I obviously failed my initial search attempt on the subject and now see a short thread addressing this) Moderators please feel free to move/delete.

Last edited by Skydog; 07-19-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: duplicate thread
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote