View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 04:59 AM   #24
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Fun View Post
Sometimes I see authors offer their books on this forum for free only in pdf format and I think "Thank you" but then I see some responses "slamming" the author/publisher for only offering it in pdf format. As a new user to this forum and perhaps as feedback, I think there's a better approach and, Jellby, I think the approach you've taken for explaining the differences is the right one for perhaps explaining this to budding authors.
While not trying to excuse the more robust comments, there's certainly a lot of frustration from eBook Reader owners when we get offered PDFs such as the one shown in the screen-shot below - to my mind what's best (nice looking content) and what's worst about PDFs (basically unreadable on a 6" screen) on one page...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 14_05_2009 , 09_52_34.png
Views:	264
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	28988  
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote