View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #195
A-I
A-I began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Color
Re: simple kindle touch (and k4nt) debricking method

Hello all,
I've been trying to get my KT back to normal since I bricked it installing KTRotate_0.2 with 5.1.0. I've done a few hundred variations to the steps here and from the Select Boot thread. And at some point, without explicitly deleting any folders, the only folders in my /mnt/us after a factory_reset are:

diagnostic_logs
documents
system (grayed out)
tts

What are the other folders that a factory_reset should come back with?
audible? music?

Also, when I set the MfgTool to "Kindle main" from "Kindle diag", and Restart the KT from the KT menu itself, it gets stuck at the screen

"Please wait a moment
while your Kindle starts up"

I have to then stop the "Kindle main" mode and go back to the "Kindle diag" mode (Button sequence: Off->Magic->OffRelease->MagicRelease). And then, I have to go back to the "Kindle main", and Reboot to get back to the KT, which is now unstable and goes after a while into the screensaver

"Please wait a moment
while your Kindle starts up"

I have a feeling that I hosed mine up pretty bad, and don't mind experimenting with it if anyone have suggestions. Plus even after factory_reset, I only show 3,044Mb free when it should be about 4000Mb. My factory_reset always go back to 5.0.4, and not 5.0.0, even when I try to

Code:
#!/bin/sh
mntroot rw
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
mntroot ro
Anyone see what I am doing wrong? Or can suggest other things to try?
Thanks.
A-I is offline   Reply With Quote