View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #36
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I adore The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy and most of the other Tolkien books. BUT I was forced to read The Hobbit in 8th grade, and I hated it for the duration of the forced reading, and for quite a while thereafter.
I was "forced" to read The Hobbit in 9th grade, and I loved it while I was reading it! After I read it, I immediately went on and read the Trilogy for fun. And I liked A Tale of Two Cities and The Scarlet Letter when we had to read them. I kind of appreciated being assigned books I probably never would've chosen on my own.

A little off topic: I went to Catholic school, and starting in 7th grade we had to read the New Testament. The bible we used had both old & new testaments, and I used to surreptitiously read the Old Testament like it was a sleazy novel.
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote