View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 11:34 PM   #300
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@arooni,
Congrats!

1) Yes. Just to play safe, do not update until you see news on that firmware somewhere here.
2) Most probably it is safe to move to 5.10.2 as long as you don't screw too many things up on your current Kindle before update. Do backup anyway.
3) If you loose it through 'Reset' in Settings (or other complete wipe, or upgrading FW without hotfix being installed) - most probably it is gone forever (so I usually put any of Parental Restrictions on so 'Reset' is grayed out from accidental touch).
4) Not following direct instructions (for specific things) and making wrong assumptions to 'support' your decision (especially using wrong shell commands). If in doubt at any step, stop right there and rather ask than make a wild guess.
5) Mine are Kazakh Keyboard, fonts (I just put fonts into 'font' folder in the visible root of Kindle when connected via USB, and restarted), font sizes (FONT_RAMP file for KF8 and Java tweaks for older mobi7), Librarian Sync for collections, screensavers with my own info (name, e-mail address), chess, Leafpad.
6) When you receive your new Kindle, do not connect it to Wi-Fi yet. So Kindle will not load ads yet, i.e. it will be in a conditional 'ad-free state'. At least my PW3 was such.

Last edited by mergen3107; 01-23-2019 at 11:41 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote