View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #41
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There are also various levels of 'Will Run' on XP. Total Bomb-out (can't start...No SSE2, crashes during common tasks, crashes only if you do 'X')
(I have:
1 @ that does the 3rd type using Calibre 2.0, and it is slow, even with 2G RAM, 800MHz FSB
1 @ in the first group; an AMD Athelon XP
)

Many XP machines are also too weak by current standards (low RAM, Wimpy CPU, Simple video)

I support Kovids decision to no longer compromise Calibre rich set off features just to make it run on antique systems

And I support the Wolfs recommendation of (skipping Vista) W7 for XP users (closer to the XP UI than W8 or W10 right out of the box , for non- power users)