Thread: Modified Cover
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Don't get me wrong ... I think that cover is beautiful (both in make and in function).

But.

In my opinion, it negates the whole idea of the PB360's portability. When I owned other readers, I got a cover only to protect the screen. While I was at it, I got nice covers because I figured I might as well have something attractive. But, covers bulk up the reader, which cuts into my reason to have a reader - less bulk and easy to hold. As someone said here on MobileRead: I like my ereaders "naked." They are just more comfortable to use.

So, while I admit the cover shown here is a pretty thing - I'll stick with the ingenious cover that comes with the PB360. It's light, attaches to the back so I don't have to worry about where to put it, it's functional, attractive and, most importantly, it gets the heck out of my way while I'm reading.

YMMV.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote