View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
photoluminations
photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Idolse, thanks for your input. Kindlegen can accept html or epub. Calibre does a good job of converting html to epub. Sigil has a lot of problems that make it not as good for editing as Calibre--for example, it revises files without asking. I am building the book in html & CSS. I don't feed the html direct to Kindlegen because I would then have to do a huge amount of conversion--breaking the html into 130 files, making carefully coded lists, etc. to meet epub or mobi specs.

Calibre conversion has some problems which I pointed out, but may be OK--reason for posting is to get input on this.

No way to know if/how FIRE will handle files, can't get one to test. I'm hoping that Calibre will update the output options when the information is available.

Amazon specifies images must be JPEG no larger than 127Kb @ 300 dpi. JPEG loses every time it is modified.
photoluminations is offline   Reply With Quote