View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #58
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
I didn't figure out the right click stuff until a month or two in. I found out about it by asking how to do something here and someone responded "right click, this menu item achieves that purpose." That was a surprise. I was so boggled in complexity I'd completely missed right clicking. And of course I hadn't bothered to read the user guide, manuals, tutorials carefully by that point. Last week someone asked "how do you add columns?" and I realized I'd asked that exact same question months ago. And balloon help / mouse tips ? Heh: "Nah, I'm too savvy to need those because I am an experienced computer user who never needs to read the documentation." Heh. I distinctly recall bragging here that I never read manuals. It took weeks after that for the embarrassment to sink in and slap me silly.

I actually deleted a lot of advice like that from the KISS revision after I added it in yesterday.

Read the manual. Read the tutorials. Pay attention to mouse tips. Think about what stuff does before doing it in a bulk operation. Be nice on the forum.

I deleted it because…. Hmm, I'm not sure why I deleted it. I think I was worried about size of the post and trying not to repeat a lot from the manual. Maybe I should add stuff like that back in. Use spoilers, or something.
I would put Exploring and using tool tips before resorting to the Manual (we all know that manuals are always in catch-up mode . )