Thread: PRS-600 prs-600 notes to printing
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #50
ravidavi
ravidavi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch (PRS-600)
Use on MacOS 10.5

Hey all,

I just got the 600, and much to my dismay handwritten notes on PDF documents can't be easily sync'd to my Mac! So after much searching I found this thread, which has been invaluable thanks to cedric. I finally got everything working on my Mac running OSX 10.5.8 (and hence should work on 10.6 too).

First off, you need to get pyPdf from http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-45619.html. Extract the zip file, and using Terminal go into the pyPdf-1.12 folder. Run the command "python setup.py install" and pyPdf will be installed on your computer. Now you can delete the downloaded and extracted files/folders.

Second, get cedric's annot.py script. TO CEDRIC: when running this script, I got the error "Exception: file has not been decrypted." Apparently on the Mac, the annotation file appears to be encrypted. So as a fix I added the following code after line 191:
Code:
if infile.getIsEncrypted() == True:
    infile.decrypt('')
This should work on all platforms since it first checks whether nullstring decryption is necessary or not.

Finally, run the script. Assuming your reader is connected, there should be 2 disks that show up on your desktop: LAUNCHER (contains the sony library installer) and Untitled (contains books and annotations). So in terminal, go to where you have the script saved, and type "./annot.py /Volumes/Untitled". Hopefully everything works, and you get the main menu which gives you a list of all the annotations. Choose the one you want and you should get a .jaj file (in the same directory as the script I think) that you can open up with Jarnal.

The only issue I have is, my annotations aren't quite lined up correctly in Jarnal, and they show up as red instead of black. Anyone know of a simple fix to this?

Thanks again for all your work!
Ravi
ravidavi is offline   Reply With Quote