View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 12:43 AM   #42
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
You'll get used to it, and probably end up liking it. I had the same issues when I tried to use a Windows 10 computer, after having given up on Windows after XP. I've been using Linux as my primary desktop for over ten years, and only dabbled in Windows since then when I absolutely had to.

I couldn't figure out how in the heck to make Windows work! Menus slide in from some hidden dock on the side. That is, if you know enough to go over and touch that side of the screen in the first place (this was a touchscreen computer). I finally figured a few things out by randomly touching, swiping, and whatever on every side and corner of the screen. You'd be amazed what pops up (literally!).

The PaperWhite is much the same. Touch the top of the screen to get a menu. Why? There's no indication that you should do that. Touch the top right corner of the screen to set a bookmark. Why? Because that's what you have to do. Touch the lower left corner of the screen and something else changes - some kind of numbers being displayed. Swipe up from the bottom middle of the screen to bring up a little window of something else. And then touch and swipe inside that little window for even more amazing things! Why? Well, you get the picture! Just start tapping and swiping in all directions randomly all over the place and observe the results. Of yeah, and touch two fingers to the screen and then spread them apart or bring them closer together. Why? Oh hell, nobody knows - just do it and see what the PaperWhite does!

I'll bet if I pretend the center of the screen is middle C on my piano and use both hands to try and play Chopin's Nocturne #20 in C-sharp Minor, the display might switch to color or something else equally as entertaining!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote