Thread: Bad Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #35
Tachikoma
Connoisseur
Tachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I really enjoyed him too, although I tired of hearing about hernias in the first book. I have read the first in his series plus the short story follow-up (Painkiller) and plan on continuing this series too.
Yeah the hernia thing got old quite quickly, but there's some genuinely novel concepts in the horror genre, and very well written. I followed up with his WildClown series, and it's hard to get into initially as it's such a silly concept (ghost possesses a sex obsessed detective wearing clown makeup and solves crimes in a changed world where the dead rise, but return as they were... just... dead)

Again though, there are touches of genius here and some unsettling parts that creep you out without going too far (forever children)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I don't know if I would call it bad fantasy, just "not me" fantasy.
Yes, I think this is a better definition, I won't pick at the book any more as it wasn't a painful read, just a confusing mash of cliches.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote