View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 03:50 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeXMix View Post
I cleaned up the epub and attached the mobi. I am doubting that classic problem is the issue in regards to Kindle. They have their own requirements that don't always follow epub standards.

Withing the audio tag you can find how Kindle directs us to embedd sound. Kindlegen will complain if it can not find the audio. It is not doing that anymore. The only remaining thing not validating is this official way to put embedded audio as directed by Amazon. I am guessing it's not meant to. Can somebody try the mobi on their Kindle HD or 2 gen Fire please?

<div id="audiodiv" class="Basic-Text-Frame">
<audio id="audio1" src="audiovideo/myzuka.mp3" controls title="This is my audio
(1:10)">
<br/><br/><br/>
”There is audio content at this location that is not currently supported for your
device. The caption for this content is displayed below.”
<br/><br/><br/>
</audio>
<strong>This is my audio (1:10)</strong> </div>
Hi:

Yes, I can test this, but, before I do, you are aware that audio/video embedding is not enabled for self-publishers, right? You can make the book, but you can't upload it at the KDP?

Or, rather, to be precise: you can upload it, but all the audio or video will be stripped out?

HItch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote