Thread: EZReader Plus
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #13
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I wish... but know better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
hi, so with all the price drops is this even going to come out? if it is not less than 150 dollars, i dont think there will be any buyers.
Dear oncdoc:

NO argument that I wish this could be priced lower... but I will not lie or mislead... it is slated for around $219. Now, there MAY be sales where is gets to $199; but that is strictly a guess on my part and not a promise.

I agree that the price drops lately will impact the sale of the PLUS. On the one hand, this "PLUS" will be pretty amazing. It will be SO different (read BETTER) than the competition. It will have 21 formats, 26 langauges, USER-Replaceable Battery, SD card slot to 16GB, USB 2.0, Epson controller with 400 MHz processor, 64MB SD RAM, 16 level gray scale, quality case with ear buds included, and more. There AIN'T others out there that have even half of these features and some have maybe one!

On the other hand, the buying public will likely NOT care enough to look into these qualifications and will buy on price figuring a 6 inch is like any other 6 inch. Do I expect huge sales? NO! Will it be the best value... I think YES. Is it vaporware... positively NOT. It is coming and Astak will have it. Will you people on MR love it? Yes, I am sure you will as you are educated in eBook Readers and can appreciate lightness, speed of page turns, far faster loading and opening of books, crisp illustrations with detail, and NOT having to pay $59 extra for a case. Do I think the public will herald it? NO, because price is driving the market.

Am I happy? NO, because it is a damned shame that a device I love will likely not get much acclaim and will sell slowly. I am proud that we are going to have it... but let us face it... Astak (also known as EZRead, Inc) is NOT going to rule the device market. Will this be the device I would want for myself? Beyond any doubt! I just wish it came in colors!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote