View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #48
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
A few months ago I would ask you if I could join the club. Today, I still read mostly DRM mobi BUT I am not so sure anymore about the future of the format: Amazon does not seem very interested in it, and Epub could very well being the format of the future. And that could be a good thing, since it's an open one.

Being able to choose is also good anyway.

But I do agree that folder support is a must. And I am getting sick of waiting for it.
I'm really not concerned that much about the future of mobi since I can (and do) strip out the DRM from mobi books just as soon as I purchase them, and since I know I can always purchase LIT books, strip the DRM from them and convert them to mobi format (Thank you MobileRead for those tools). Even if mobipocket formatted books disappear completely, I'll still be able to read my books on my Cybook.

Choice and flexiblity are always good things, so I'm all for Bookeen's continued support and enhancement of my Cybook. But I fear that Bookeen has gotten distracted by some of these more lofty goals and lost sight of some of the basic functionality that we have been waiting and waiting and are still waiting on.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote