View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxacto View Post
Have an epub file (book). In iBooks, the book comes up with no paragraph indents. I want ahead and read the book, but in Sigil, I would like to Find and Replace all paragraphs with a 1 EM indent or something close. Will anyone share the code for this:

end of paragraph. <br class="chapter" />
This is the start of a paragraph as is.

Sigil shows a space before the paragraph start. Does not show in iBooks.
Jelby shows the best place to do book wide styling. The CSS.

Simple:
ADD that line at the BOTTOM of the CSS. The last definition found prevails. (sledge hammer approach). This should override any previous setting.

Better:

Look a the code (we will be back to this again).

If you see a <p class="<name>">. Note the name, then find it in the CSS. it may appear in the CSS as (a dot)name or p(a dot)name.

If there is a text-indent: 0; , simply change the 0 to a value: (1.2em works and scales well, for me)
If there is no text-indent:, just add one (with your value) between the { }'s. Be sure the previous line ends with a semi-colon (the continuation character).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote