View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #43
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What we need to do is still purchase, but let the publishers know we do not want DRM. Even if we didn't purchase eBooks with DRM or the equivalent pBook version, we are still to small a group to have a major enough effect on these books. So the only thing we really can do to not shoot ourselves in the foot is to email the publishers and tell them we don't want DRM.
You're right.

I used to not buy DRMed eBooks, and I would email the publisher to tell them explicitly that I hadn't bought such-and-such a book because of the DRM.

Since the Mobipocket de-DRM script appeared, I have bought several DRMed eBooks. I should send the publishers another note, saying that I've bought the books despite the DRM, not because of it.

Paul
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote