View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #37
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What really gets me is pricing. Ok, we pay more for a hardcover because it costs more to make a hardcover book then it does to make a paperback.
Is that the real reason why a hardcover costs more, or is it because it is a new release?

There is quite a lot of media out there that costs more initially, then in a year or two comes out in a cheaper version. I've seen that with books, DVDs, CDs and such. It doesn't happen across the board, but it does seem to happen. So, there might be a cost for being one of the first to get a book. Personally, I don't have a problem with that. I'm usually behind enough that I can afford to wait.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote