View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #77
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
What can you buy in the kobo or sony stores that Amazon's store doesn't have? Why would I want to buy a book from kobo or sony rather than Amazon? Their books do not have lower prices.
According to inkmesh, Kushiels Justice by jacqueline carey (part of a sci fi series I enjoyed) is 7.99 at amazon and b&n, but 7.09 at powells. I can buy from them for my nook, but they don't offer anything in mobi.

That's just one example. I also enjoy using kobos coupons, which they often have for 1 or 2 dollars off a book. Again, it's in epub, so yay for the nooks, but not so yay for trying to read it on a kindle.

Quote:
I have an epub reader for library books (Cybook Opus). I love this little reader, but the epub format is not superior to mobi. I'm always glad to get back to reading my free and purchased books on my Kindle.
That's nice.

Quote:
I have nothing against the Nook. I even came close to buying the wi-fi version when they introduced it at $149. But I cannot justify the purchase.
Who cares? That's not what this thread is about. Wtf is wrong with you kindle owners anyway? I do not care who wants to buy a nook or a kindle, I started this thread about shopping around for books for the NOOK.
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote