View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
Frothy
Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frothy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Weird Kindle 3 Screen Fault - Any Ideas?

My issue is the screensavers and ALL images on ALL books are faded/greyed out.

ALSO the text is faded/greyed and jumbled up on some books. But on other books the text is fine (apart from images). Plus I'm now getting a quite a large slow flash on each page turn.

It seemed to occur after a critical battery shutdown (didn't have the charger to hand).

The problems occurs (or not as the case may be) on both my archived books, newly downloaded books (from the amazon website) and free ebooks.

For example I downloaded three versions of Bleak House, one from this site and two versions from amazon. Only one of the the three (from amazon) was readable. But even with this book the illustrations were faded/greyed out.

I've tried numerous resets, restarts, factory default resets, battery rundowns, battery removalls all to no avail.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I should have wished you all Merry Christmas. I must have my grumpy head on this morning cos I forgot!

Last edited by Frothy; 12-25-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Frothy is offline   Reply With Quote