View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
We also go the epub->mobi route, and you need to have an inline TOC to make a proper mobi since the KindlePreview mobi builder amazingly doesn't generate one from toc.ncx. I don't particularly like inline TOCs myself, but of course you need them for that
I, too, find inline TOCs an eyesore... unfortunately, they are frequently an indispensible eyesore. If you are converting to MOBI, and have a nested TOC, the embedded TOC in MOBI file produced will only recognize the first level items in your TOC. To get around this you can either forgo nested TOCs in the EPUB book, or you can add an inline TOC, so that reader on a Kindle device will have some way of navigating the full extent of the TOC you've designed, albeit not in an embedded way.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote