Thread: Formating
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This is why I convert my books one by one. You can explode the epub in Calibre then edit the style sheet using a free editor like Topstyle light, Notepad2, PSpad or Notepad++ I use Topstyle as I'm an ole web Designer so it's my tool of choice when doing style sheets.
I usually check the ignore margin option first but if that doesn't work I edit the style sheet directly.

For indentation I use:
p {text-indent:1.3em;}
in the Extra CSS box.
It works in most cases "p" being the class that paragraphs use. Some use Div tag instead so you may have to edit it whatever class/tag the book uses to mark paragraphs.

Calibre now removes fake indentation. It saves a step of having to remove it manually in Search & Replace when it's coded in the actually html of book and not the style sheet.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote